|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Easy Eggplant Casserole|
This yummy recipe is easy and low in carbs. I use white mushrooms, but I assume shiitake would work just as well. If you're like me and can eat the same thing every day, it makes great lunches for a whole week. Keeps very well in the fridge. I slice up a sweet red bell pepper for a side dish, and top off with a glass of cranberry juice.
How to make it:
- 1 medium to large eggplant, sliced thin
- 4 zucchini, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 7 ounces pesto with basil [Zesty Pesto Sauce]
- sea salt to taste
- Layer everything in a large Pyrex baking dish.
- Start with half the eggplant slices, then half of the zucchini and mushrooms, dot with half the pesto.
- Then sprinkle half the mozzarella on top. I use two cups total shredded mozzarella, one cup for each layer.
- Sea salt to taste.
- Repeat all layers.
- Cover with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and twenty minutes.