|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Roasted Onion and Fig Jam Appetizer|
Can be used as an appetizer served with a flavorful cheese (per compliancy) and crusty bread. Also used as a side dish with roasted chicken.
How to make it:
- 1-1/2 pounds onions, cut in chunks
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons fig preserves (if preserves not available, substitute 1 tablespoon honey mixed with 2 finely chopped dried figs.)
- Toss onions and olive oil in a roasting pan.
- Roast in preheated 450 F oven for 30 minutes or until onions are caramelized, tossing onions halfway through roasting time.
- Scrape up any browned bits in pan.
- In a food processor, chop onions until minced and sticky.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Stir in fig preserves and salt.