|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Simply Delicious Baked Tofu|
A simple and easy way to prepare tofu to eat 'as is', to add to a veggie stir-fry, or use cold in a salad or on a sandwich with Ezekiel Bread. Is also great for breakfast. After baking, it can also be used as an ingredient in other recipes when pan-frying or sauteing the tofu is the first step. I bake 3 packages at a time in 2-9'X13' glass baking dishes, and try to never run out!
How to make it:
- (1 to 3) 14 ounce packages Extra Firm Organic Tofu (I use Nasoya)
- Spray Oil (I use Spectrum High Heat Canola)
- Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare glass baking dish(es) by lightly spraying the bottom with oil.
- Rinse tofu, drain and pat dry with paper towels or clean dish towel.
- Cut blocks of tofu in half on the long side.
- Rotate each half and cut in half again on the long side.
- Rotate each quarter-piece again and cut into 4 slices, again on the long side.(Seems like a picky process but this makes the pieces more uniform so they cook more evenly. Pieces will be about 1/4 to 3/8 in thick depending on the size of the original block.)
- Lay the pieces out in the baking dish very close together but not touching.
- Spray evenly with Liquid Aminos to taste.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn tofu pieces over, moving the pieces in the center toward the edge of the dish.
- Return to the oven to bake 30 minutes more.
- The times are not terribly precise.
- A little more time is even a good thing if the pieces are thick.
- These are wonderful right out of the oven!
- They will keep in the refrigerator about a week, if they last that long.