|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Portobello Mushroom Pizza|
Using large portobello mushroom caps, you can make the ultimate grain-free mushroom pizza!
How to make it:
- large portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- tomato sauce or No-Tomato Tomato Sauce
- fresh mozzarella slices, or any grated cheese as desired
- fresh or dried herbs--oregano, basil, etc
- sliced or crumbled turkey or lamb sausage
- fried crumbled turkey bacon
- sauteed onions, garlic, peppers, etc
- fresh grilled pineapple
- Anything you put on a pizza, you can use here.
- Preheat the oven to hot/220C/425F/Gas Mark 7.
- Rub the caps gently with a damp paper towel to clean them, then place gill side up on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 7 minutes.
- The caps will give off some juice; drain them, pat them dry and top with whatever you wish.
- Return them to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, or for several minutes to heat the toppings through.
- Serve hot!
They are about the same size as a single slice of regular pizza, but as filling as a mini-pizza in my experience, so make amounts accordingly)