|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
This is a Ben & Jerry's recipe (when using corn syrup) and it is fantastic. Feel free to reduce or eliminate the red wine according to your taste/type.
How to make it:
- 1 pint raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup or light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup red wine (Shiraz or Chianti are excellent)
- 1 cup cold water
- If using frozen berries, thaw first.
- Add sugar and lemon juice and refrigerate, covered, for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients, pour in ice cream maker and process according to ice cream maker instructions.
- Or just put it in a container and freeze it. It can be stirred occasionally, if desired, but it does not tend to freeze very hard so stirring isn't important.