|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Meatballs and Mushroom Gravy|
This recipe is delicious and may be suitable for all blood types with slight modifications. It is fabulous served over mashed sweet potatoes; also good over brown rice.
How to make it:
- 1 pound ground turkey, chicken or beef
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs (per type)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley (or 1 Tablespoon dried)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and sliced (or other suitable type)
- 1/4 cup sherry or white wine
- 1 cup beef, turkey, chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- Combine ground meat, bread crumbs, onion, egg whites, parsley and salt.
- Roll into 2'' meatballs.
- In a large skillet, add enough olive oil to cover bottom of pan.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add meatballs and brown for about 5 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook until meatballs are cooked through, about 3 more minutes.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch or arrowroot in sherry and broth.
- Add broth mixture and thyme to meatballs.
- Bring to boil and simmer about 1 minute, until gravy thickens.