|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Roy's Special Salmon|
A very pleasant baked salmon dish using Miracle Whip, brown sugar, onions & lemons.
How to make it:
- 4-6 salmon steaks or one-serving size fillets
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 3-4 Tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 3-4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a baking dish, place one layer of lemon slices and top with one layer of onion slices.
- Lay the salmon on top of onions, and sprinkle with salt and pepper (fresh ground is best).
- Spread another layer of onion on top of fish, then another layer of lemon slices.
- Spread Miracle Whip liberally over the works, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or so, until salmon flakes.
- The sauce will have melted all over the fish.
- Serve with rice and fresh salad or cooked vegetables.
- This lovely dish came in as a runner-up in the Super-Valu Food for Thought recipe contest in 1985, and is thoroughly enjoyable. It is one of my favorites.