|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
This delicious lasagne is an alternative recipe for those wishing to prepare a vegetarian dish.
How to make it:
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 Tblspn red wine
- 6 rice lasagne noodles (Tinkyada brand recommended)
- 1 14 oz block firm tofu
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 16 oz soft mozzerella or 12 oz regular mozzarella
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- Make sauce:
- Saute pepper in oil for 5 minutes with herbs & salt. Add tomato sauce and paste, tomato and wine. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook rice noodles according to package directions. Squeeze tofu in a soft cloth until all water is out and there are no large chunks. In a bowl combine tofu with egg, soy sauce and vinegar. Add more soy sauce and vinegar to taste if needed. Slice soft mozzarella or grate regular. Crumble goat cheese.
- Put some sauce in bottom of a 8 x 12 inch baking dish. Place 3 rice noodles across bottom. Add 1/2 tofu mix. Top with 1/2 of each cheese then spoon 1/2 sauce over all. Repeat layers. You may withhold the goat cheese for sprinkling on top of sauce if desired.
- Bake 375 degrees for 35 minutes, covered.
- Uncover and bake 10 additional minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.