|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Tofu Polenta Mini Pizzas|
These mini pizzas are delicious and easy to make in a hurry if you already have the tofu prepared ahead of time, or if you want to substitute veggie sausage crumbles for the tofu. They can be made as an appetizer or paired with a nice salad for an entree.
How to make it:
- 1 - package polenta [check ingredients for compliance]
- 1 - package firm tofu
- 1 - container crumbled goat cheese
- Jar of basil pesto sauce (homemade if you have it)
- A few baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 onion, minced
- A few garlic gloves, minced
- Soy sauce to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- (All these ingredients are available at Trader Joe's)
- Drain tofu and cut into a few slices.
- Spread slices on an absorbent kitchen towel and use your fingers to crumble raw tofu onto one half of the towel.
- Cover with other half of towel and blot excess water from tofu.
- Leave in towel while you mince the onions and garlic.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a pan, add the minced onions and saute on low to medium heat until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook a little longer. Do not allow the garlic to turn brown.
- Add the tofu and saute until all sides are browned, usually about 20 minutes.
- When done, sprinkle with soy sauce (to taste.)
- Meanwhile, slice the polenta into 10 or so slices. For a low-fat version, place directly onto a greased cookie sheet. For a super tasty version, pan fry each side of polenta slice in olive oil before placing on cookie sheet.
- Spread thin layer of pesto on each slice of polenta, top with spinach leaves, desired amount of crumbled tofu or veggie sausage, and crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake in oven on 400 for 15 minutes or until goat cheese browns.