|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
This is (West) Indian but quite a bit like Italian ice, except better, I think. Berries or any colorful food is important for one's daily nutrition, remember. Blueberries are beneficial for every blood type.You'll want to have a sweet tooth, this is a veritable ambrosia slushy! I wouldn't quite recommend this for anybody with recurrent yeast issues, of course. (The asterisks mark which ingredients are 'infrequent neutrals' for my type A, according to the Health Series Books. These 'infrequent neutrals', have a detrimental effect on me knowing what my food allergies are!).
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 4 cups of fresh blueberries or elderberries
- 3 cups water or apple juice (or 1 1/2 cups of each) (apple juice should be avoided by O non-secretors)
- 1 cup sugar* (except any non-secretor) or maple syrup* (except AB & O non-secretor)
- 1 cup honey* (except AB & O non-secretors) or corn syrup* (A secretors only)
- 1/4 teaspoon each of sea salt, allspice (except Bs&ABs), vanilla (except O non-secretors)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (only Bs; lime or pineapple juice is a delicious substitute for non-Bs )
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- lime zest (not needed for initial preparation. You can make the lime zest fresh before eating.)
- 7 or 8 one-cup servings
- In a medium saucepan, combine the fresh berries, the apple juice or water, and the sweeteners.
- Crush the berries as you mix these together with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir and blend thoroughly, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cool.
- Process this mixture in a blender or food processor to a fine pulp.
- Blend in the seasonings and citrus juices.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer storage container. Cover tightly and freeze for 2 hours or overnight (but not too much longer-this is best served shortly after preparation)
- Scoop or spoon sweet Blueberry Ice into chilled glasses or onto fresh fruit.
- Sprinkle with fresh lime zest and maybe even powdered sugar.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
BTD Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Vanilla||-|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
|Allspice||2|| N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Oct 04, 2007 at 10:52 AM By: Lola