|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
This is (West) Indian but quite a bit like Italian ice, except better, I think. Berries or any colorful food is important for one's daily nutrition, remember. Blueberries are beneficial for every blood type.You'll want to have a sweet tooth, this is a veritable ambrosia slushy! I wouldn't quite recommend this for anybody with recurrent yeast issues, of course. (The asterisks mark which ingredients are 'infrequent neutrals' for my type A, according to the Health Series Books. These 'infrequent neutrals', have a detrimental effect on me knowing what my food allergies are!).
How to make it:
- 4 cups of fresh blueberries or elderberries
- 3 cups water or apple juice (or 1 1/2 cups of each) (apple juice should be avoided by O non-secretors)
- 1 cup sugar* (except any non-secretor) or maple syrup* (except AB & O non-secretor)
- 1 cup honey* (except AB & O non-secretors) or corn syrup* (A secretors only)
- 1/4 teaspoon each of sea salt, allspice (except Bs&ABs), vanilla (except O non-secretors)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (only Bs; lime or pineapple juice is a delicious substitute for non-Bs )
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- lime zest (not needed for initial preparation. You can make the lime zest fresh before eating.)
- 7 or 8 one-cup servings
- In a medium saucepan, combine the fresh berries, the apple juice or water, and the sweeteners.
- Crush the berries as you mix these together with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir and blend thoroughly, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cool.
- Process this mixture in a blender or food processor to a fine pulp.
- Blend in the seasonings and citrus juices.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer storage container. Cover tightly and freeze for 2 hours or overnight (but not too much longer-this is best served shortly after preparation)
- Scoop or spoon sweet Blueberry Ice into chilled glasses or onto fresh fruit.
- Sprinkle with fresh lime zest and maybe even powdered sugar.