|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Beef Tips and Gravy|
This is a beef and gravy dish that is great served over steamed spinach. Good family-style dish that the kids will love.
How to make it:
- 2 lbs. beef, cut into 1' cubes
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion,diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz can of beef broth- or equivelent home-made
- 2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Toss cubed beef with rice flour until coated.
- Shake off excess flour.
- Brown beef, in three or four batches, in hot oil in a large frying pan. Remove to a separate dish.
- Saute onions and garlic in remaining oil and scrape up brown bits on the bottom of the pan, adding a little broth if the bottom of pan begins to burn.
- Add broth, worcestershire, tamari, pepper and salt. Bring to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce to a slow simmer, cover and cook for 2 hours.
- If gravy is not thick, remove meat to a dish and bring broth to a boil. Boil until thickened and pour over beef.
- Serve over rice, noodles or spinach.