|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Daisymay's Pumpkin Chiffon Pie|
Here's my pumpkin chiffon pie recipe. I think I might cut down on the spices a bit, and I'll probably try using agave syrup in place of the sugar.
How to make it:
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 1/4 c apple juice or white grape juice
- Stir together and let stand
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 c. cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 c. maple or agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 to 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cardamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 1&1/2 tbls. vanilla
- Mix together in saucepan and cook until boiling and thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin.
- Beat 3 egg whites until they start to stiffen.
- Add 4 tbl. sugar, one at a time.
- Mix into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into baked pie crust and chill.