|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Turkey Breakfast Sausage|
How to make it:
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 medium apple, minced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- Mix all together.
- Form into 3 ounce patties (will cook down to 2 ounce portions). Freezes well.
As an alternative I sometimes substitute the apple, brown sugar and maple syrup for mushrooms and poultry seasoning for a less sweet sausage.