|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Recipe adapted from New Orleans Cooking by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch.
How to make it:
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil 1 Tablespoon Essence*
- 2 cups turkey stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 2 Tablespoons granulated garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoons granulated onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon cayenne pepper(optional)
- 1 Tablespoon dried, ground oregano
- 1 Tablespoon ground dried thyme
- In a large, heavy saute pan, add some oil.
- Brown ground turkey.
- Add and cook the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic.
- Add 'Essence' and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock and bay leaves and scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any browned bits.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir thoroughly.
- Cook until the rice is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and remove the bay leaves.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.