|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Turkey/Spanish Rice Bake|
Leave out the Tomato and Pepper, if necessary.
How to make it:
- 1 cup brown rice
- enough olive oil to saute veggies
- 1 (14.5 oz) can nsa diced tomatoes (organic no salt added)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large clove of garlic, diced or crushed
- 1 sweet green or red pepper, diced
- 1 small hot pepper of choice, freshly seeded, diced (wear gloves) (optional)
- salt to taste
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 - 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine rice and broth in 2 qt. saucepan, bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- While rice is cooking, saute the ground turkey in a few tablespoons of olive oil with chili powder, onions, peppers, garlic and hot peppers until browned.
- Mix salt and canned tomatoes with rice and turkey in a casserole dish.
- Cover dish and bake in the oven for 30 - 45 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.