|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
This is a *great* tasting chili that I came up with using a tofu product that can be bought at most major grocery chain stores that is called 'Ground Round' to simulate ground beef. It also works well in spaghetti sauce, and lasagne, all of these of course contain tomatoes or tomato sauce, so those A's who have issues with tomatoes, Sorry!
How to make it:
- 1 package Ground Round tofu product, or tofu that you have crumbled and browned with seasonings on your own
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 14-1/2 ounces of low sodium beef broth
- 6 ounce can low salt tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, well chopped
- brown sugar to taste (1 to 2 tablespoons should do it)
- 2 - 15-1/2 ounce cans of black beans (undrained)
- Saute the onions and bell pepper in a tablespoon of olive oil until soft.
- Add remaining Ingredients and bring to a boil, mixing well.
- Reduce heat and simmer for up to an hour, adjusting seasonings to taste.
- Try not to overcook the tofu...