|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|BV's Chocolate Pie|
A thick, rich, creamy chocolate pie without those nasty dairy replacer aftertaste.
How to make it:
- 2 c pecans
- 4-6 soft dates, pits removed
- 1 T maple syrup
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 T vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 avocados
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate (chips melt quickly)
- Soak only 1 cup pecans in 2 cups water for 2-4 hours then drain and rinse.
- In a food processor chop dry pecans into fine meal and set aside. Chop previously soaked pecans into fine meal in food processor but leave in hopper when done. Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT dry pecan meal and chop until well mixed. Add the ground dry pecans and chop until well mixed. The dough should be crumbly but sticky enough to hold shape when pressed.
- Press the dough evenly into a pie plate.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler.
- While melted chocolate cools quickly cream together avocados, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Add melted chocolate to mixture and blend until smooth. Pour into prepared crust and chill overnight.