|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Almond Milk (Ambo Girl)|
Delicious nut milk.
How to make it:
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups water
- Buy the almonds already blanched or buy in skins.
- With almonds in skins just add boiling water, enough to cover, and leave for approx 5 minutes. Remove from water. Then just squeeze. Skins pop off quite easily.
- In a blender put 1 cup almonds to 2 cups water and blend until reasonably smooth.
- I don't grind the almonds.
- I don't think it makes much difference.
- I strain the liquid through a cloth.
- The almond meal can be used for biscuits and cakes etc. I used some in a 'chocolate cake' made with white spelt flour, eggs etc very nice. Beautifully moist like a 'friend'.
- The milk should be stored in the fridge and may separate. Just shake to combine again.
- The milk is absolutely delicious. I have so far used it for 'almond milk latte'
- with real coffee and milk froths up well.
- (Thicker milk, use less water, better froth!)
- Also made yogurt using a teaspoon of yogurt.