|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Steel cut oatmeal
How to make it:
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup soy, rice, or whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter or ghee or grapeseed oil
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Bring water and milk to simmer in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, heat butter or oil in medium skillet over medium heat until just beginning to foam.
- Add oats and toast, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, until golden and fragrant with butterscotch-like aroma, stir 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Stir toasted oats into the simmering liquid, reduce heat to medium-low; simmer gently, until mixture thickens and resembles gravy, about 20 minutes.
- Add salt and stir lightly with spoon handle.
- Continue simmering, stirring occasionally with wooden spoon handle, until oats absorb almost all liquid and oatmeal is thick and creamy, with a pudding-like consistency, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Off heat, let oatmeal stand uncovered 5 minutes. Serve immediately.