|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|100% Rye Bread|
Here's a rye bread that tastes like deli rye.
How to make it:
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 egg
- 7 1/2 cups rye flour
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Mix all ingredients well.
- It will feel like a very thick batter and will not be like a wheat bread.
- Cover loosely with buttered plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Punch down.
- Let rise again for best results.
- Put 1/2 of batter in each of 2 greased bread pans and pat flat with floured hands (or buttered).
- Cover with buttered plastic wrap and rise in a warm place until almost doubled in size.
- Slit top right down the middle with a very sharp knife. Bake in 350 degree oven 30-45 minutes.
- This was nothing like baking a wheat bread. The first rise took over an hour. The second about 50 minutes and the third still took 40 minutes.
- The end result is fantastic!