|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Jill's Spelt Pancakes or Waffles|
Spelt waffles just like Grandma used to make!
How to make it:
- 2 cups spelt flour [or kamut flour]
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soda
- 1 Tablespoon honey [or agave]
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup rice milk (you may need to use a little more or less)
- 1 egg
- Mix all ingredients in a glass measuring pitcher until well blended.
- If you are making pancakes, you may wish to add a little more milk to thin the batter.
- For waffles, pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter onto heated waffle iron and cook until steam diminishes (about a minute or two).
- Remove from iron and serve with warm maple syrup or jam.
- A tiny amount of Tart Cherry Butter mixed with maple syrup is my favorite.
- Makes about 12- 4 inch pancakes or waffles.