|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Jill's Spelt Pumpkin Waffles|
Pumpkin flavored waffles, good enough to eat without syrup!
How to make it:
- 1 egg
- 2 cups spelt flour [or kamut flour]
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil or ghee
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup vanilla or plain rice milk
- 1 Tablespoon honey [or agave]
- 1 or 2 shakes of each: cloves, allspice, and ginger
- Mix all ingredients in a glass measuring pitcher with a spoon until well blended.
- Pour about 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter onto heated waffle iron.
- Remove from iron when batter stops steaming (about a minute or maybe two).
- Serve with warmed maple syrup or fruit jam.
- Makes about 14-15 small waffles