|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Kate's Chocolate Hazelnut Torte|
|Contributed by: Kate||From the Recipe Archives|
Simple, easy flour-less chocolate torte.
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/3 cup cocoa
- + cup ghee
- + cup vegetable glycerine
- 1 cup hazelnut meal [or substitute compliant nut meal]
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Grease a deep 19cm square tin and line base and sides with parchment paper.
- Blend cocoa with hot water in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in ghee, vegetable glycerin, hazelnut meal and egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with electric mixer until soft peals form: fold into chocolate mixture in two batches.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Stand for 15 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack, top side up, to cool.
- Dust with sifted cocoa or prepare a sauce to accompany.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
BTD Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Oct 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM By: Joe