|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Kate's Chocolate Hazelnut Torte|
|Contributed by: Kate||From the Recipe Archives|
Simple, easy flour-less chocolate torte.
How to make it:
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/3 cup cocoa
- + cup ghee
- + cup vegetable glycerine
- 1 cup hazelnut meal [or substitute compliant nut meal]
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Grease a deep 19cm square tin and line base and sides with parchment paper.
- Blend cocoa with hot water in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in ghee, vegetable glycerin, hazelnut meal and egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with electric mixer until soft peals form: fold into chocolate mixture in two batches.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Stand for 15 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack, top side up, to cool.
- Dust with sifted cocoa or prepare a sauce to accompany.