|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Taco Seasoning for Ground Beef|
This recipe has been adapted, with permission, from an original recipe by robbiehaf.com for taco seasoning like Taco Bell.
How to make it:
- Taco Seasoning - seasons 1 lb. ground meat
- 1 Tablespoon spelt flour
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic (make sure no avoids)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion (make sure no avoids)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- -Combine and store above ingredients in an air-tight container.
- 1 pound ground beef
- spice mix
- 3/4 cup water or beef broth
To make taco meat:
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat; drain off fat.
- Add seasoning mix and water or beef broth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- This recipe is the equivalent to a 1.25 ounce packet taco seasoning.
I substituted spelt flour for regular flour, arrowroot for cornstarch, and granulated onion and granulated garlic. I omitted beef bouillon cubes because I have never found any without avoids. The seasoned meat comes out tasting like real tacos even without the bouillon cubes.