|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Jill's Granola or Oatmeal Cookies|
These can easily be modified to suit all four types.
How to make it:
- Almost 1/4 cup ghee
- Almost 1/4 cup butter or canola Soft margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix the above thoroughly then add:
- 1 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or 2 teaspoons Carob Powder for B's)
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 3/4 cup walnut meal or crushed walnut meats
- 3 cups (entire box) of Health Valley Raisin Cinnamon granola (my favorite) OR 3 Cups quick oats for B's since the cereal has cinnamon in it.
Stir until well blended then add:
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup milk free dark chocolate chips or Raisins. You can use any dried fruit instead or in addition to the chocolate chips.
- Mix together the first group of ingredients (Ghee to vanilla)then add the next group of ingredients (from flour to granola or oatmeal). Stir until completely blended then add Milk free dark chocolate chips or dried fruit.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees I use a cookie scoop so they are rounded. If you like a flatter cookie, use about 1/2 cup less flour. Drop onto a cookie sheet greased with ghee or non-stick pan. Bake about 10 minutes or until almost no imprint remains when touched with finger. Remove immediately from sheets.
- Store in tightly covered container or eat promptly, like we do!