|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Jill's Mom's Meatballs or Meatloaf|
These are so easy to make with either Beef, Venison or Ground Turkey. They freeze well for a quick meal too!
How to make it:
- 3 pounds ground sirloin, venison or ground turkey
- 2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black peppercorns (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix well all ingredients.
- Shape into loaf and place in baking dish.
- You can add a little broth to the pan if you like. Bake at 350 F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls for meatballs.
- Place meatballs on cookie sheet and bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350F to brown them.
- From this point, they are ready to be placed in bags to freeze or can be put in the crock pot with a small amount of broth for 3 hours (1 hour on high, 2 hours on low).
- They can also be thawed and cooked in a covered pan on the stovetop with a small amount of broth for about 30 minutes.
- We thicken the broth with a little spelt flour to make a gravy.