|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Jill's Spelt Pie Crust|
Dad said it was the best crust he had ever tasted and I take that as a huge compliment cuz mom is a fantastic baker! This is a very tasty pie crust.
How to make it:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil (I use regular extra virgin, not light)
- 2 Tablespoons cool water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup spelt flour (if needed add 1-2 Tablespoons more flour)[or kamut flour]
- Whisk Olive Oil, water & sea salt together until well blended.
- Stir in flour.
- Mix until all is moistened.
- Press into an 8 inch pie plate or roll out with a rolling pin.
- Fill and bake following filling recipe or poke holes all over and bake empty shell for 10-12 miinutes at 375 F.
- Fill when cooled.