|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
A corn-free chocolate syrup.
How to make it:
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract (check for glycerine or corn syrup)
- Bring sugar, water and rice syrup to a boil.
- Whisk in salt and cocoa powder into water mixture until you obtain a smooth sauce. This will take some time until the cocoa butter melts.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Return to a boil with high heat and then reduce heat to medium.
- Let the mixture reduce until thickened.
- When thicker but still a little watery, pour into a squeeze bottle.
- Let cool for several hours opened to release condensation.
- (I save time by cooling the saucepan in a large bowl of ice water.)