|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Kate's Beef Jerky|
Ground beef jerky made with a simple spice mix.
How to make it:
- 1 kg (2 pounds) ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix spices together.
- Add to meat and mix thoroughly.
- Load meat into jerky gun and extrude onto dehydrator trays in strips.
- Dry at 155 degrees F for 1 or 2 hours, then blot with a paper towel to remove oil if necessary.
- Turn strips over and continue drying for about 2 to 3 more hours, blotting as needed.
- Strips are done when they splinter when bent, but don't quite break.
- Remove strips from dehydrator and wrap in paper towel while they cool to remove oil.
- Store in Ziploc bag in fridge for about 1 to 2 weeks. They can also be frozen.