|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Amaranth 'Tortilla Chips' or Crackers|
These are fabulous with guacamole, yogurt and refried pinto beans. Sprinkle with some beneficial cilantro. Try squeezing some lime juice over the meal you eat with them to absorb more of the iron (48%!)
How to make it:
- 1 cup amaranth flour
- water (see directions - start with 3 Tablespoons)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Take one cup of the flour and mix it just enough water to form a ball.
- Divide the ball into four balls.
- To roll out a ball: coat it generously in more amaranth flour.
- Roll it out as thin as possible with a rolling pin - scrape under it frequently and turn over - sprinkling with flour as you go.
- Flip it onto a cookie sheet.
- Brush lightly with olive oil. Give a tiny sprinkle of sea salt.
- Cut into desired shapes & bake for 6 minutes (may need a skosh more) until golden brown and crunchy.
- Yum! Zola.
- Enjoy with healthy abandon!