|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Hot Artichoke-Spinach Dip|
How to make it:
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup butter [or ghee]
- 1/4 cup spelt flour (whole or white) [or other flour]
- 2 cups chicken stock [or turkey/vegetable stock]
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1-15 ounce can drained artichoke hearts [or thawed frozen artichoke hearts]
- 3 hefty handfuls of fresh spinach (3 cups?)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Saute 1 onion, diced in 1/4 cup butter.
- Add flour.
- Cook roux until bubbly.
- Slowly add 2 cups chicken stock.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Season sauce with salt, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Add artichoke hearts, spinach, mozzarella and feta cheese.
- Stir these ingredients over low heat until the mixture is hot.
- May be served with little toasts, as is, or with vegetables dipped in.