|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
The most scrumptious salad, appetizer, entre, or side dish I've ever eaten. Plus, it's great for raw-fooders as none of it is cooked.
How to make it:
- 1 large bunch of curly kale (organic, of course)
- 3 small or 2 large lemons
- 1/2 cup raw, virgin, cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Celtic or Himalayan sea salt
- 4 small or 3 large cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 to 1 purple onion, sliced very fine
- Wash and 'spin' dry the curly kale.
- Remove the stems.
- Stack the leaves on top of each other and slice them horizontally into fine strips
- Place the strips into a glass or porcelain bowl
- Juice the lemons to make about 3-4 oz of juice.
- Add the 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Peel and cut the garlic cloves into chunks.
- Put the olive oil, lemon, garlic, and sea salt into the blender or Vita-Mix and combine on high to make a frothy liquid.
- Pour 1/2 the liquid over the top of the kale.
- Mix well with salad utensils.
- Pour the remaining liquid over the kale and keep turning and mixing with the salad utensils.
- Let the mixture sit for at least 2 hours before you eat it as the lemon and olive oil will 'cure' the kale so that it becomes much softer and more edible.
- Garnish with as many of the onion slices as you like.