|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Quick & Tasty Tomato Rice Pilaf|
Pan toasted rice cooked with pre-seasoned Italian style tomatoes in a rice cooker. You can do this in the am and let it sit in your rice cooker - ready for dinner when you get home. Very tasty and simple. Keeps the rice moist, too.
How to make it:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 can (14 ounces) tomatoes (Italian style with oregano, garlic and basil)
- Toast the rice on medium high heat in a saute pan with the oil until it is chalky colored.
- Put rice in your rice cooker with the recommended amount of water minus half a cup.
- Add the seasoned tomatoes and their juices and cook like you normally would in your rice cooker.
- It doesn't need extra salt because of all the sodium in the canned tomatoes.
- The tomatoes keep it from drying out.
- Very tasty! :P