|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
I created these cookies to use the pulp of the Carrots that I juice (or you can use sredded carrots). These cookies are better once they have cooled and very good with coffee.
How to make it:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or Sugar Twin Brown sugar [agave or rice syrup]
- 1/4 cup Stevia or other sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 cup non sweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cups splet flour [or rice]
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 cup shredded carrots or carrot pulp
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Mix sugar, applesauce, egg and vanilla together.
- Combine dry ingredients. (except) oatmeal, fruit, carrots & nuts.
- Mix dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Stir in oatmeal and the fruit, carrots, nuts.
- Batter will be lumpy.
- Drop by spoonful onto cookies sheet.
- Bake 350 for 10 minutes.