|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|White Watermelon Jam|
How to make it:
- For 1 kilo of flesh
- 500 grams of sugar [or other BTD compliant sugar]
- 1 lemon
- pinch of cinnamon, ginger, vanilla [or other BTD compliant spice]
- Cut the watermelon into slices and take the seeds off. Rather long.
- Cut the flesh into small pieces.
- Weigh this flesh and add the sugar and the spices you like.
- Macerate for one night.
- Pour in a large pan and cook slowly for 20 minutes. Skim.
- Cut the lemon (with the skin) into very thin slices and tiny pieces.
- Add to the jam and cook 10 minutes more.
- Do not forget to stir with a wooden spoon, (You can add as well a grapefruit cut like the lemon, but without the skin).
- As soon as it is cooked, put in sterilized jars and strongly screw the lids.
- Turn upside down immediately and keep like that for 24 hours.
- It is sterilized for many months.
Ps : to sterilize the jars = put the jars + the lids in the oven at 100ª Celsius (= 212ª Fahrenheit) for a minimum of 10 minutes. Use them when still very hot.