|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Gluten Free Ginger Snaps|
Recipe featured in Bob's Red Mill Newsletter, by Bette Hagman
How to make it:
- ghee to grease cookie sheet
- 1-1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger root (powdered)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (substitute compliant spice such as clove)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup honey (substitute compliant sweetener such as agave nectar)
- 3 Tablespoons molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a cookie sheet with ghee or line with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together the flour, spices and salt.
- Add the sweetener and molasses and stir together.
- This will make a stiff dough.
- Work it until it forms a ball.
- Dampen your hands and pinch off small sections and roll into 3/4' balls.
- Place these 3' apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Press each flat (1/4' thick) with the bottom of a wet glass dipped in granulated sugar (omit sugar for non-secretors).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, not longer, these brown only slightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately. Yield: 2 dozen 1-1/2' cookies.