|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet'n'Sour Meatballs Over Rice|
Flavorful, though not necessarily pretty dish :)
How to make it:
- 24-30 meatballs (med sized)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar or turbinado style
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1/8 cup HOT water
- 1 small can crushed pineapple
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1/4 cup Bragg's all purpose Seasoning (or other appropriate wheat free soy sauce)
- 1 small onion (whichever color you prefer)
- 1 Tablespoons minced garlic
- salt & cayenne to taste
- generous sprinkling of parsley (It's a bennie- load up! :))
- Brown meatballs in frying pan.
- Once browned, pour most of sauce over meat in pan (reserve about a 1/4 cup).
- Simmer, allowing to reduce. (The longer you let it simmer, the more flavorful).
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package instructions, but add the 1/4 cup of reserved sauce.
- Just before rice is finished cooking, dissolve arrowroot & sugar in water; add to meat mixture to thicken, and simmer for 3 minutes (Don't let the sugar burn!).
- Once thickened, serve over cooked rice.
- Easy method: throw ingredients in blender and mix until veggies chopped to desired size.
- (best to remove stalk & seeds of pepper)
- Hard way: cut green pepper small, mince onion. Mix with remaining ingredients.
- **Note** I'm one of these people who eyeballs ingredients- you don't have to follow the recipe exactly. Adjust amount of meat or rice depending on preference.