|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Easy to make alternative to wheat bread; time consuming but very tasty.
How to make it:
- 1 kilogram rye flour
- 20 grams fresh yeast
- 800 milliliters tepid water
- 20 grams sea salt
- Dissolve the yeast in a little of the tepid water.
- Mix the salt with the rye flour, then make a well and mix in the dissolved yeast.
- Make a well in the rye flour and add the dissolved yeast and the remainder of the tepid water into this.
- Knead together for about 20 minutes until smooth then leave to rise for 2 hours in a warm place.
- Knead the dough lightly then make a round loaf and leave it to rise with the folded side rather than the smooth side facing up.
- After 30 minutes flatten the dough once more then turn it and leave it to rise for a further 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place a small container of water in the bottom of your oven and bake the loaf for 25 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 180 degrees C and bake for 10 more minutes.
- When ready the bread will make a dry hollow sound as you tap it with your knuckles.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.