|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Easy to make alternative to wheat bread and very tasty.
How to make it:
- 1 pound (500g) spelt flour
- 1/2 ounce (15g) fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 350ml warm water
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl, blend the yeast and honey in half the water, mix roughly into the flour.
- Dissolve the salt in the remaining water and add to the flour, followed by the oil to form.
- Mix vigorously for 15 min with a wooden spoon.
- Either divide the dough between two large greased bread tins, or for slipper loaf, cut the dough in half and form into ovals on two large greased baking trays.
- Dust with flour and allow to rise in a warm place for 20-25 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 ĒC and bake.
- Tin loaves for 40-45 minutes
- Slippers for 35 minutes