|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Italian style pie - made with B beneficial orange peel and almonds named by my O daughter.
How to make it:
- 250 g / 9 oz white fine spelt flour
- 125 /10 tablespoons spoons butter or ghee
- a bit of sea salt
- 50 grams / 2 oz sugar or other BTD compliant sweetener
- 2 egg yolks
- a bit of water
- 250 g / 9 oz ricotta
- 250 g /9 oz mascarpone
- 125 /4-5 oz sugar or other BTD compliant sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 2 handfuls of dry cranberries
- 100 gram about 4 oz dark chocolate 70 % cut in small pieces.
- Mix the pie shell ingredients in a food processor.
- Let it get cold.
- Roll and pre-bake in oven for 15 min at 200 c/ 400
- Mix filling, except chocolate and cranberries.
- Divide those on pie and pour egg and cheese mixture over.
- If any pie trimmings are left you can make a nice plait on top (you know a cross one way and then the other-kind of like a plait, I don't know the proper English).
- Bake 40-45 minutes at 175 c / 325 F.
- Tastes best luke warm or just cold, not refrigerator cold.