|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Wheat-Free Sugar-Free Apple Cookies|
These delicious cookies contain no wheat or sugar - my kids love them
How to make it:
- 1 1/2 cups NON WHEAT FLOUR - experiment with Oat, Barley or Rice flours.
- 3 cups rolled OATS or (1 1/2 cup rolled OATS and 1 1/2 cup BARLEY FLAKES)
- 1/2 teaspoon SALT
- 1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
- 1/2 teaspoon CINNAMON
- 3 APPLES finely chopped (add 1/3 - 1/2 cup chopped BLUEBERRIES)
- 1/2 cup BUTTER or MARGERINE softened
- 2 EGGS beaten
- 2/3 cup plain YOGURT
- In medium bowl blend together all dry Ingedients. Stir. In a lareg bowl of a electric mixer (if you have one, if not, hand mixing is fine) blend softened butter, eggs, and yogurt for 2 minutes or until smooth and a little fluffy. Gradually add dry Ingedients and mix well. Stir in fruit. Spoon onto cookie sheet and flatten with a fork. Bake for about 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven - or until browned on edges. Leave on cookie sheat until cool and transfer to a flat surface. These are very moist cookies and freeze well. Try adding a little crushed pineapple in the place of one the apples, or some nuts for a crunchier texture. Expirment with baking times for your oven and different fruits you may like. These are really great treats.