|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Cream of Garlic & Squash Soup|
This acorn squash based soup is rich with beneficial vegetables like carrot, garlic and onion. It is so easy...so rich and so delicious...a perfect winter soup!
How to make it:
- 2 medium organic acorn squash
- 4 Tablespoons maple syrup [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 4 teaspoons butter or oil of choice
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled, cut into wedges
- 4 cups low salt chicken broth [or other BTD compliant broth]
- 3/4 cup compliant unsweetened milk of choice
- basil or parsley sprigs for garnish
- Halve the two squashes lengthwise.
- Scoop out seeds and place into a 13x9x2 glass baking dish, cut side up.
- Place 1 tablespoon of syrup and 1 teaspoon of butter or oil into each cavity.
- Arrange chopped vegetables and garlic around squash.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth to bottom of pan.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350ªF for 2 hours.
- Remove pan from oven and let vegetables cool slightly.
- Scoop pulp out of shells back into dish.
- Then, in two batches, puree the mixture in a food processor or blender, placing puree into large saucepan.
- Stir in remaining chicken broth and heat until mixture bubbles.
- Stir in milk.
- Season to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish!
Can be made in advance frozen.