|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Potato Bake|
Sweet Potatoes baked in a casserole dish
How to make it:
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and cut in cubes about the size of corn kernels
- (I have also used the sweet potatoes mixed with parsnips for a different 'flavor'
- Arrange the slices in layers in the bottom of a 1 & 1/2 quart casserole.
- Alternate layers with sprinkles of the brown sugar and 1 or 2 chunks of ginger per layer.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of water over the whole.
- Bake, covered, approximately 1 hour in an oven preheated to 350 degrees.
- You can 'overfill' the casserole dish because the ingredients cook down and will not overflow.