|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Gluten Free Macadamia Pie Crust|
Submitted by: Crystal Elizabeth Teed, 'Tastes just like a traditional pie crust without the gluten. Celiac friendly! Use in recipes that call for a graham cracker crust or shortbread crust. Perfect for any tropical pies.' Original recipe yield: 1-9 inch pie crust.
How to make it:
- 6 ounces macadamia nuts
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups soy flour [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the macadamia nuts into the container of a food processor, and blend until they reach a peanut butter like consistency.
- Scrape out into a bowl, and stir in the eggs and soy flour until well blended.
- Place the dough between two pieces of waxed paper, and roll out into about a 12 inch circle.
- Remove the top piece of waxed paper, and invert the dough into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides. Remove any overhanging dough.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light golden brown.
- Use in any recipe calling for a prebaked pie crust.
Remember to substitute compliant nuts and flours to this recipe.