|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Crisp, round tortilla-like flat bread.
How to make it:
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon amaranth flour (or spelt)
- 1/3 cup cool water
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley or other favorite herb
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Heat oil over med high heat till a drop of water will dance on the surface of the pan.
- Mix all ingredients except oil in a bowl. You want the batter to be quite thin.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth out into a large circle with a spatula.
- Cover pan and cook 2 minutes.
- Do yourself a favor and use a timer for cooking times, these are easy to burn.
- Spread remaining 1 t oil on top of flat bread with the back of a teaspoon.
- Reduce heat to med-low and cook, covered for 5 minutes.
- Turn flat bread and cook, covered for another 5 minutes.
- They are good with a little cheese melted on top, or spread with your favorite bean concoction, and they make a yummy sandwich with beans, cheese and big raw spinach leaves placed on top.
- You can also add 1T ground flaxseed or ground nuts to the mixture.
- If you add dry ingredients, be sure to increase the water a little, you want the batter to be quite thin, whatever goodies you add.
- For crispier bread you can continue to turn the bread every 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan as soon as the bread reaches desired crisp. It gets soggy fast if you let it sit in the pan with the cover on.
- They are also really good when made with spelt flour or rye flour if you can eat these.