|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
Moist, spicy bars
How to make it:
- 2 cups spelt flour (or 1 cup rice and 1 cup rye flour)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup soy milk [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 1/3 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin, canned or fresh
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (or 1 cup mashed banana)
- 1 egg or equivalent EnerG egg replacer
- 1 cup chopped dried figs and prunes
- Prepare 9 x 13' pan with thin coating of oil.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl, set aside.
- Into blender, put applesauce, milk, dates, pumpkin and egg replacer.
- Blend until smooth.
- Mix above into dry ingredients.
- Add chopped dried fruit.
- Put into baking pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30 - 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature.
I did not add the water called for with the egg replace because I have read if using spelt flour, to reduce any water slightly. I use egg replacer because I am a vegan. Original recipe also calls for cinnamon and nutmeg, but those are no-nos for Os, so I don't use them. These are also fat-free.