|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Spelt, Kamut, Oat Flour, & Flaxseed bread|
This bread is a flavorful and dense bread that also slices beautifully.
How to make it:
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup kamut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups warm water*
- 1 Tablespoon dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoons honey [or BTD compliant sweetener]
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend above ingredients (except raisins) together either in a machine or by hand.
- If using bread machine, set it on manual.
- Add all ingredients, waiting to add the raisin during the 'add' cycle.
- *Check to make sure there is adequate water. If dough is too stiff, you might need to add more.
- Let the dough rise twice.
- Remove from machine, punch down, shape and place in sprayed loaf pan to rise again.
- After it has risen, bake for about 40 minutes.
- After about 10 minutes, remove from pan to finish cooling.
- Slice when cool or mostly cool.
- If making by hand or mixer. add the raisins just before mixing is finished.
- The dough needs to rise twice before being shaped and put into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake as directed above.