|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Meatloaf with Hidden Vegetables for O's|
Makes a moist meatloaf. Good for 'O' kids who don't like their vegetables yet. Tasty for adults who don't like so many vegetables too.
How to make it:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/2 slice Ezekiel or spelt bread, crumbled in small pieces
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce [or wheat-free tamari]
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black peppercorn, to taste
- 8 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put cut up onion, garlic, green onions, carrot and green pepper in food processor bowl.
- Process until very finely chopped, almost to mushy.
- Combine with the ground beef and all other Ingredients, except tomato sauce and molasses.
- Mix very well until thoroughly blended.
- Spray 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan with cooking spray [or other coating].
- Place meat in pan and shape into a loaf in the center of the pan.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- Combine tomato sauce and molasses.
- Drain any fat from meatloaf, and pour tomato sauce over top.
- Bake about 10 minutes more.
- Cool slightly before slicing.